Next Meeting November 13th
Wreath Decorating Workshop to prepare for our annual Greens Sale
Our Programs are from 1:00-2:00 at the First Congregational Church in Swanzey
The Old Homestead Garden Club is an organization of people who enjoy getting their hands dirty and spending time together creating a more beautiful and sustainable environment. We like to improve our communities and our own gardens.
- To stimulate a love for gardening.
- To encourage the conservation of native trees and plants.
- To aid in community and home planting.
- To create an interest in birds.
- To share social activities and support club projects.
- To grant $1,000 scholarships to two graduating high school seniors (from Monadnock Regional High School and from Keene High School) who will pursue college studies in agriculture, horticulture or related fields.
Monthly meetings are usually held at the First Congregational Church in Swanzey Center, NH, on the second Wednesday of the months of March, April, May, June,* September, October, November and December. The location is 679 Old Homestead Highway, Swanzey, NH 03446; a phone number there is (603)352-6689. [*Our June meeting is the annual program closing meeting and is held at a different location announced separately. This year, the annual meeting will be at Keene Country Club, 755 West Hill Rd, Keene, NH, on June 13, 2018]
Anyone who is interested in attending a meeting in consideration of joining, please contact Old Homestead Garden Club at P.O. Box 10051, Swanzey, NH 03446, or by email at email@example.com.
Meetings include social gathering, business meeting, refreshment and program, presentation or workshop.
Membership includes a commitment to serve and there are many ways to do so, from hospitality & refreshments to leadership & programs; civic beautification, Ways & Means, event publicity & historical scrapbook; youth programs including Smokey Bear & Woodsy Owl poster projects and high school to college scholarship.
OHGC members are also members of National Garden Clubs, Inc., New England Region Garden Clubs, Inc., and the New Hampshire Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc., and enjoy information, education and participation.
Dues & Guests
Annual dues are $25 for Active Members and $35 for Inactive Members.
Members are encouraged to bring a guest or guests to any meeting.
The Old Homestead Garden Club was founded in 1934 and joined the New Hampshire Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc., in 1937.
The first 3 Presidents from 1934 to 1937 were Eva Wyman, Minnie Anstey & Elinor Kibbee Paine.
Several abbreviations are used consistently in our printed yearbook, website and Facebook entries:
- NGC – National Garden Clubs, Inc.
- NEGC – New England Garden Clubs, Inc.
- NHFGC – New Hampshire Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc.
- OHGC – Old Homestead Garden Club
Relevant website links are available here; some passwords are for members only:
- NGC – gardenclub.org
- NEGC – ngcner.org
- NHFGC – nhfgc.org
- OHGC – ohgc.club — you’re here!
- Facebook you’ll find our page old-homestead garden-club